Come master wine with Karen McNeil at the Culinary Institute of America (CIA). Mastering Wine is an immersion in classic grape varietals with particular attention paid to the winemaking and grape growing practices that cause a wine to taste the way it does. This class is one of our best-selling wine courses. In it, you will:
• Learn to master professional tasting techniques and sensory evaluation, including the key factors that make great wine great.
• Study all of the key winemaking and viticultural concepts, including primary fermentation, malolactic fermentation, sur lie aging, barrel aging, bottle aging, trellising, canopy management, clones, and rootstock.
• Discuss and taste the characteristics of the world’s top classic varieties-in particular, Chardonnay, Sauvignon Blanc, Pinot Noir, and Cabernet Sauvignon-and review their histories.
• Acquire a comprehensive wine vocabulary of professional tasting terms, and put your sensory impressions and evaluation of a wine into words.
• Participate in one-of-a-kind field trips and private tastings with Napa Valley’s top winemakers.
Website:Click to Visit
Friday, 11 April, 2014
St. Helena, CA 94574
Phone: (707) 967-1100
Website: Click to Visit